How to configure Netscape Communicator 4.0+
This section will show you how to configure Netscape Communicator for use with Tesco internet access
- First you will need to open 'Netscape Communicator' as you would normally either from your Desktop screen or your Start menu.
- When the program has fully started click with the left hand mouse button on the 'Edit' menu, towards the top of the Netscape Communicator window.
- Now left click on the 'Preferences' option from the menu that appears:
- This will bring up a window similar to the following:
- Highlight 'Navigator' by left clicking on it. Check that you have a black dot next to 'Home page'.
- If not click the white circle next to the words 'Home page'.
- Now left click in the white box next to the word 'Location' and type http://www.tesco.net
- Next left click on the word 'Advanced', you should see a screen similar to the one shown.
- If you don't simply click in the white box next to each option until they are all ticked.
- Also make sure that you have a black dot next to 'Accept all cookies', if not left click in the circle next to it.
- Using the left hand mouse button click the '+' next to the word 'Advanced', then click the word 'Proxies'.
- Make sure you have a black dot next to 'Direct connection to the Internet'.
- If not click in the white circle next to it.
- Once you have made these adjustments left click on the 'OK' button.
- You will now be returned to the main Netscape Communicator window.
- Now that you have saved these configuration changes to your computer you can continue to browse the internet as normal.
Now that you have saved these configuration changes to your computer you can continue to browse the internet as normal.